The Tea Activists’ Handbook: Suggested Activities for December
Activities For December:
– Knit cup jackets and pot cozies for friends and family.
– Knit blankets, hats, scarves, socks or mittens for a local homeless shelter, animal sanctuary or premature baby unit.
– Adopt a granny (or granddad)! Contact your local retirement or care home and find out if there is an elderly person who would appreciate regular visits for tea and cake.
– Invite your neighbors in for tea and mince pies.
– Send boxes of tea to friends and relatives abroad.
– Set up a stall to give away free cups of hot tea in your local area. If the police ask what you are doing, give them a free cup too!
– Donate some really nice tea or other cheerful festive treats to your local food bank.
– Organise a tea and mice pie sale. Use the money to buy presents for children at your local hospital, homeless or women’s shelter.
– Make teacup candles by melting wax beads (or grated wax from spent candles) and pouring it into old teacups with a weighted wick. Give as gifts to friends and family.
– Make your own spiced tea by filling jam jars with your favourite black tea and adding chopped or ground dried spices like cardamom, cinnamon, ginger or star anise. Tie the jars with ribbon and give as gifts. Don’t forget to keep one for yourself.
– Surprise someone in your family with a cup of tea.
– Set aside a quiet hour to enjoy a nice cup of tea with your favorite biscuit.
– Recycle your tea boxes by filling them with small gifts and posting them to distant friends and relations.